In the tweet below, Khalid Ismath said that the former chief officer of MAIS, Ustaz Uda Kasim stressed that it is a must (for Muslims) to choose Christian candidates like Dr. Xavier (in the coming elections) for a good and fair government. Fight (against) Umno!
So here we go, a Muslim religious teacher telling us that it is a must for Muslims to support Christian candidates from the party that promotes values against Article 3 (1) of our Federal Constitution which says that Islam is the religion of the Federation and not the UMNO’s Muslim candidates. For the record, Dr Xavier Jayakumar is the man who announced that the biggest church in Asia wil be built in Selangor, Malaysia.
But why only Christians and not Hindu and Buddha leaders? Is it because most of the non-Muslims leders from DAP and PKR are Christians or is it because they are only support Christian leaders?
As Muslims and citizens of an Islamic country, we should protect Islam and support only politicians from parties who are supporting Islam.
I think if we all sit down and think, we can clearly see which side is better, the government or the opposition. Malaysia is a wonderful country and I don’t think that there is a need to overthrow the government for an unstable government led by a bunch of politicians who love to organise street demonstrations.
Article 11 of Malaysian Federal Costitution says that:
- Every person has the right to profess and practice his religion and, subject to Clause (4), to propagate it.
- No person shall be compelled to pay any tax the proceeds of which are specially allocated in whole or in part for the purposes of a religion other than his own.
- Every religious group has the right –
- (a) to manage its own religious affairs;
- (b) to establish and maintain institutions for religious or charitable purposes; and
- (c) to acquire and own property and hold and administer it in accordance with law.
- State law and in respect of the Federal Territories of Kuala Lumpur and Labuan, federal law may control or restrict the propagation of any religious doctrine or belief among persons professing the religion of Islam.
Other religions including Christians can be practiced peacefully as long as they do not try to propagate their religions to the Muslims. This is fair as Malaysia is a Muslim country and the non-Muslims had accepted this social contract as Malaysia was once the Federation of Malay States that belongs to the Malay Muslims.
My parents always tell me that in the old days, the Malaysian Christians are not like the DAP and PKR Christian leaders. They were peaceful people and it is nice to be friends with them because they respect our rights as we respect theirs. For example, if we Muslims are fasting, then the Christians will not eat in front of us.
As Professor Emeritus Dr Khoo Kay Kim always says, the Chinese should remember that IF IT WASN’T FOR THE KIND HEARTS OF THE LEADERS OF MALAYSIA, they will be thrown back to China when Malaysia had achieved independence. Our kind leaders gave the Chinese and Indians a chance to live in Malaysia and gave them Malaysian citizenships with the right to own properties, the right to vote and to practice their religions.